Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I literally have done nothing noteworthy this week....

At my age, I don't think that's healthy, however I did say I was taking a month off everything, and that month will be over by this Sunday. It's been nice, and as much as I hate to admit it, Dad was right, I have been living the high life (after a fashion of course).

This month has been an endless stream of late mornings, leisurely lunches and good laughs with my friends. I feel rested and relaxed and oh so pampered, and I'm not un-aware of my not so subtle weight gain, though I will admit, it's been nice none the less to gorge myself after three months of detention meals.

Just the other day my cousin Kim had this conversation with me that only highlighted the very nature of my own enthusiasm towards physical activity.

Kim – "Can you throw me my iPod please?"

Me – "okay" (gets up with the iPod and walks around the table to hand it to her)

Kim – "you could have just thrown it"

Me – "hun, have you ever seen me play sport?..." (at this point I went onto to say how uncoordinated I am but I was cut off by the following remark)

Kim – "No actually, I've never seen you play sport..ever."

Me – "well there you go."

I'm holding off tackling my wreckage of a room, it looks like the Taliban came in here and had a good time, whatever that means...I've always wondered what extremists like the Taliban did for fun in their spare time, do you think they like a bit of Dance Dance Revolution or is that too far flung from the usual raping and battery? One can never be sure of such things, not that I'm considering entertaining a group of Taliban anyway, but you never know. One thing I would like to ask them is if they realize that their turban can be worn in over fifteen different styles and is the ultimate fashion accessory, it's a pity because I shall probably never get the chance (sigh).


 

2 comments:

  1. As you would have realised from one of Time magazine's most recent issues, in their 'spare' time, the Taliban like to cut women's ears and noses off.

    ReplyDelete