Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Holly Golightly Existence


Holly Golightly is that timeless heroine from the classic Hepburn/ Peppard film "Breakfast at Tiffany's" a great film and an even better book. The "Holly Golightly Existence" is a term that I coined for the time in my life where I was keeping notoriously odd hours, of course the funny thing is that unlike Holly, I was not out partying or spending time with benefactors who were helping me maintain a particular lifestyle. I was keeping those late dusk till dawn hours with friends from church and would quite often end the night sitting under the harsh fluorescent lights of the 24/7 McDonalds, indeed not quite as glamorous.

However since my return I made a promise (I wouldn't exactly call it a solemn one) with Chan that I would not partake in these late night escapades any longer. And I boldly post it here as a sort of public declaration, as disgruntled as it makes me.

 
 

Last Saturday was Chantal and Lukes birthday party, and the events on their own are excuse for decadence, but when these two put their birthdays together...... it's an event. It seems convenient enough considering they are a couple, and their birthdays are a day apart.

We spent the day setting up, and part of that little adventure saw us trudging through Bunnings, which may i take the time to say has terrible customer service. Half the staff were walking around with a drink in their hands like the place was under some strict dehydration withdrawal, some of them sent us off in search of sections that didn't even exist...

"where can we find some of the electric candles"

"in the leisure section darl"


-After a good while of searching.


 "yeah we were told earlier by one of your staff that we could find the candles in the leisure section.."

"umm there is no leisure section...or I mean, the whole store is a leisure section..."

You could see the cogs struggling to turn on that one. Anyway.


 The party was what I would call a success, and we didn't even need the stupid candles after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment